Tuesday, September 29, 2009

catching up

No shows for a while huh, Well don’t worry we will set up a show this October. As of now I heard a lot of bands quite busy with the upcoming end of semester but the next show is on the works and definitely would be a blast being that we haven’t had one for a while..

Some good reads that I happen to read already but haven’t had the time to review it, again as I said if you are interested you could always borrow and re print my copies of zines that I featured here. Interest in zines lately here in the local diy community in dc is quite at a low point, unlike before as I could remember we would save our cigarette or recess money for school to pay for “Xerox” copies of zines ,both local and international. And it’s so fucking great, punk rock opened up a lot to me but when i read my first fanzine I was astounded. It opened up a whole new world to me and said this is how I want to write! It was even a local one, but man I remember the cut and paste art and remarkable article and views of everything I love and hated. Honestly straightforward, and brutally truthful. Unlike the books I read in school or magazines that my cousin have which doesn’t really say anything that meant to me. Best abour zines also is its all done for the love of it, totally nonprofit. You even tend to loose more than what you would earn but still the hell with it! Im writing this because I and a friend from the THINKING PERSONS LIBRARY here in Davao, is planning to make a zine convention or gathering or what ever the fuck you call it, just something to promote and reawaken a dying culture in Davao. So stay posted ayt? Again a show on October and a zine convention sometime after that!!

I remember Halloween 3rd issue

Got this from the writer it self Mr. Dane Cortes, and again always a winner. A japans inspired cover along with a lot of japans stuffs like interviews with Jap bands Completed Exposition, Dudman, Dread Eye and a Japan scene report. But as he said is not necessarily called a Japan issue coz it also features interview crux interview, an aussie hardcore punk outfit. AxNxS ,a straight edge thrashcore band is also interviewed along with local heroes Bystorm. And if it’s still not enough, tons of music and zine reviews and a Holland and Malaysia scene report! Extremely a lot in 1 package, and as always with all the IRH issues, its flawless!! Great lay out, great questions and a great effort!! Galling….keep it up!!
spinach lasagna from sbarros.great food , looking forward to make myself one.

ASAWHOLE would be playing a benefit show for the flood victims in luzon, this would be on Friday at 6pm to 9 pm at the Victory Chapel ( nice venue huh) as long as it is for a good cause…….

Be there and support the show or at least the cause, I think there is no entrance fee but donations such as rice, canned foods and noodles would be greatly appreciated.. so I guess that’s it! see you then..ciao
Currently listening to a lot of Verse, Killing the Dream, Blacklisted, Up Dharma Down (yes so what)

No comments:

Post a Comment