Tuesday, May 19, 2009

HAVE HEART

“I walk fearless with a mind far greater than just a fucking fist.” Armed with a mind (Have Heart)

This line had instantly got my attention and from then on this band became one of my most important. This is exactly how I want my music, convictive, passionate and strong.

“Part of the resurgent Boston hardcore scene, Have Heart formed in 2002 around the core lineup of singer Patrick Flynn, guitarist Ryan Hudon, and bassist Ryan Briggs. The trio, highschool friends from the coastal town of New Bedford, moved to Boston after graduation and worked with a revolving lineup of local musicians before completing the lineup with guitarist Ben Kelley and drummer Justin Paling for their debut album, 2004's What Counts. Have Heart later signed to the estimable hardcore indie Bridge 9 Records and underwent a lineup change, with Kelley and Paling replaced by Kei Yasui and Shawn Brownies, respectively. Have Heart released their second album, The Things We Carry, in early 2007. “

- Stewart Mason, All Music Guide

(in manila grabbed from irh)
With their 2008 cd Songs to Scream at the Sun is another that I love the most. Song s like “Bostons fucking rule and “Paved paradise. Just recently this band went to play at Manila and man did I feel so sad of not being able to go, But still happy to know that they are willing to cross oceans just to play for people at the other side of the planet.

I know this band is not heard much in Davao. So here’s some link and try to get it . it’s a must have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment