Tuesday, June 9, 2009

june 2006 - at least not yet

Why the fuck do I love d.i.y? Coz I could do things I want. I could be in a band even thou I don’t really know how to sing a note. When I was little I remembered liking books so much and dreamed of being a writer, as I grew up I recognize that I can’t be 1, why? Coz they said you need a degree to write, and aside from being lazy I was broke and can’t afford to go to college. Yep boohoo, if you’re thinking middle class suburban HC kid who could buy anything they want, I am not one of them!! I’m one of them dudes whose lucky to have a good meal for the day and at least buy a tape in a month. So I was always kinda frustrated till I met hardcore and punk and find out I could do what I want and who gives a flying f*ck. I remember the feeling of listening to first punk rock records but I could never forget the feeling I got the when I read my first fanzine. It was like a push button opened my brain to a whole new world of expression, freedom, and reality and of course hardcore!
But enough about music, as I always say I love music so much more than anything. I have my soundtrack of every scene in the story of my life. But writing about it is not really my talent. I respect music so much that I don’t want to, by any chance ruin it from time to time. Just the occasional “love this record listen to it” but it doesn’t go further than that. Anyway back to what I was talking about, I always dreamed of being able to write and talk about things a like, which is pretty much what im doing right now. But my biggest dream was a Centre where we could do great things and do things we wished other people would do to us. Which are a centre maybe for free basic education like writing, reading and art, and a space for people who wants to read books and literature that is not from the didactic eyes of school and society.
I had spark to move it with the inspiration given to me by my better half. So we move from one city to another, I remember collecting books, reading materials from friends and other donations. And even stealing some from bookstores, which we got away obviously, this dates June something when we got back to Davao and literally started to make our library!! As we all know im from a shitty hardcore band called ASAWHOLE , same people in the band are the once working with me so we decided to call it the same name, giving it a unity and ONE vibe. So we had book activities and Saturday classes and twice a month feeding projects. I remember doing a lot of things which surely heart was warming. Unfortunately our dreams of utopian love(haha) was put to rest due to some tragic experiences which lead to the downfall of the shop with regards to sustainability. Anyway enough of this crap. I don’t want you guys to remember it in a bad way.

Now Cot Crew is getting stronger than ever and I am so proud of this family! Saydees kitchen is getting better and the bands and shows are obvious progress. Our next COT library is at work and would be starting again in no time. But as of now lets support Cot activities coz we’ve got a lot coming this months so move up!!!

Working together haven’t been better!!

Imagine our number now compared before, that gives us more possibilities

Possi up!!!!

Goodshit playlist: Trial ‘ Through the Darkest Days’ Verse ‘Aggression’ Feud ‘Battling Bastards of Freedom’ Immortal Technique ‘Revolutionary Volume 1 and 2
Morcheeba ‘Charanggo

1 comment:

  1. DIY for life!
    What you guys do... massive, massive respect on my end.
    I'll keep doing all I can to help you guys out.

    -Lunar

    ReplyDelete